Thursday, March 31, 2011

Seed Starts






Seeded bell, banana, and jalepeno peppers, basil, thyme, and 3 different types of tomatoes. Using aluminum roasting pans, I put Christmas lights in the bottoms, cover the lights with a piece of fabric then filled the container with soilless mix. After planting the seeds and watering the mix I fit the clear plastic lids on the trays. Unfortunately, half the strand went out; the half that stayed on helped those seed germinate quickly. Jeff hung some florescent lights low over the newly germinated seeds from which I'd removed the lids. Jesse then helped me put a new strand of lights under the trays of the un-germinated seeds. After about a week all but one tray has germinated, so today (03/31/11) I re-seeded that tray today so...we'll see in about a week....

No comments: